4. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1 ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you will be required to provide us with your email address and name.
5. The Way We Use Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
5.1 We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Site and products.
5.2 We may use your email address to respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
6. Parties That We May Share Your Personal Information With. We will not disclose and/or share your Personal Information with third parties, except in the following cases:
6.2 We may transfer and store your Personal Information with third parties that provide us hosting services.
6.4 We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iii) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Canonic, our users, yourself or the public.
7. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve the Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site.
9. Retention Period. We will retain your Personal Information for a reasonable period required in order to achieve the purposes for which your Personal Information was collected.
10. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with access to certain parts of the Site.
11. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we make available on the Site or you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com Your email should include adequate details of your request.
12. Children’s Privacy. Our Site is not structured to attract individuals under the age of 18 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 18 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
14. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.